Hello friends! Today I thought to write on MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES or MENTAL HEALTH, or WHY MENTAL HEALTH IS IMPORTANT? etc.
In this article, I will try to give you all the information regarding MENTAL HEALTH, which is very important as physical health. Do read my entire article.
In one word, MENTAL HEALTH refers to the behaviour of your mind. Means how I think, feel and behave is called MENTAL HEALTH. Let me explain it.
WHAT IS MENTAL HEALTH?
MENTAL HEALTH is a state, where we can realise our own abilities. where life will be full of stress. It can because of our community also.
After studies, I came to know that MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES start when we undergo severe stress, pain, helpless, hopeless. Once all these reasons set in our mind then it shows that we have MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES.
Mental health examples – A person who was socially stable once. Now, due to some reason he has lost his job. For which his family friends have started ignoring or he himself has started feeling that he is worthless, he should keep a distance from others. Then he starts believing that, Yes, I am worthless, I cannot do anything, I should not go out, I should not dance in a party, I should not attend a party etc.
We, in fact, don’t know what is going on in their mind when they behave to be like this. Many of you might have seen such cases around you. All these may lead to pick of MENTAL HEALTH DISORDER/ISSUE and can take to worst-case also.
RISK FACTORS OF MENTAL HEALTH
Social and financial condition, biological factors, lifestyle, all these can shape a MENTAL HEALTH.
Basically, there is no age of MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES OR DISORDER. It can starts with any sex and at any age and for any reason. So, it is very necessary to find out the reason behind the MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES OR DISORDER.
REASON BEHIND A MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
- Social and Economic Pressure: Economic problems like limited financial belonging, or Not having a dream job.
- It can be family pressure or torture also, which is very common in Indian society.
- It can be genetic factors also.
- It can be related to dowry also
It can be any reason, maybe the reason is too small, but for them, it is a reason for their MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE/DISORDER.
BIOLOGICAL FACTORS FOR MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
Biological factor can be one of the reason of getting MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES.
It can be his/her genetic family disorder, for which they are suffering. Such as people with DEPRESSION, SCHIZOPHRENIA does not guarantee that a condition will develop.
But people are their those who are having mental disorder without genetic background.
COMMON MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES/DISORDER
It is basically of three types:
- Anxiety disorder
- Mood disorder
- Schizophrenia disorder.
1. ANXIETY DISORDER
ANXIETY DISORDER is non other than depression. It is very common in our society those who undergoes depression.
They suffered with such impressions:
PANIC DISORDER: They always undergoes a situation like a panic attack or they can always overwhelm of some disaster or death.
- Simple phobia: They used to have some phobia with some animals or anything else.
- Social phobia: When they don’t want to come in front of the social environment.
- Agoraphobia: This is the extreme fear of a crowded place, where they are scared of getting kidnap or they may think that they are coming in front of a moving train or any other moving vehicles.
A study said there may be so many reason of phobia but all we cann’t find out from one’s mind.
We all might have heard somewhere, someday about OCD i.e. OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER, PTSD i.e POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER.
I will help you to understand these in detail.
OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER:
It shows an obsession and compulsion which a person feel continously. It can be for hand wash also.
Mental Health Example, We can see a few people are there those who are very much obsessed with cleanliness. Entire day repeatedly they are washing hands and everything and they want others to do the same like her/his. Although all are staying clean but still the person is not satisfied, for them, it is not properly cleaned.
Whole day washing hand, feet and clothes. When it goes to that pick means he/she is suffering from an obsession for which compulsion arises and it became a disorder. They don’t allow anyone to come and seat or stay with them. This is a common example which I have seen a lot. So, we should notice their activities and help them in their way.
POST TRAUMATIC DISORDER:
This is the condition where the person undergoes continuous fear or we can say they are in a hyper traumatic condition. This trauma starts from fear and when it goes to the extreme situation it becomes a trauma. Then it gradually becomes a MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE/DISORDER.
2. MOOD DISORDER:
These is the type of disorder which shows the significant changesin mood.
- Major depression: A person when undergoes a low mood and interest in any event or activities which they previously used to enjoy. If such occurs continuously and seems to get deteriorate in every case or relevant cases, then this can be a MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE/DISORDER.
- Bipolar disorder: This is the stage where a person seems to change their mood repeatedly means sometimes the high mood again low mood, and it continues in his/her daily life for a long time. Then they need some help. It is a sign of MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES/DISORDER.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): This is the mental condition where a person feels down with sunrise and sunset. It means there are people those who get depressed during sunrise and sunset in early spring months, in winter, in the evening. So, these are also a type of MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES/ DISORDER.
3. SCHIZOPHRENIA DISORDER:
SCHIZOPHRENIA is a mental issue/disorder, which develops during the age of 16-30 years.It is having two main symptoms to recognize it. These are:
- DELUSION: DELUSION is also known as Paranoid disorder. Where one think and believe the conflict or false with reality and can go to any sort of argument. But they can’t explain the reality with proper examples. Still, they believe they are right.
- HALLUCINATION: HALLUCINATION is an experience of something which does not exist outside the mind. It can be due to certain toxic substances or may be due to some auditory images.
See both of the reasons are due to some perception in mind which may not present outside their mind.
After long study which I have understood that these are the cases where the person can do anything based on their perception, which has no existence in their life. In such a way problem arises and shows a case of MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES/DISORDER.
HOW CAN WE IDENTIFY THEM?
There is no such medical test which can tell us that this person undergoes MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES. But if we can notice such things then we can consult a doctor.
- Maintaining distance from family friends, relatives, colleagues.
- Sleeping too much or very less.
- Avoiding activities which once they used to love
- Eating too much or less
- Feeling helpless or hopeless.
- Diverting towards toxic substances
- Inactive in daily work or job.
- Always getting confused.
- Always taking words negatively or showing negative emotions.
HOW CAN WE HELP THEM?
CAN WE HELP THEM BY TRATMENT?
WHY IS MENTAL HEALTH IMPORTANT?
We should think it first. There are various methods of treating a mental health issues. In the same way MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES has various types. It varies from person to person. But treatment are there which is necessary. I will describe few treatments. These are:
- PHYSIOTHERAPY OR TALKING THERAPIES: As we all know that any problem can sort out by discussion. For that one should know the reason first. In the same way, the doctor should know the reason first then only he can treat. So, in such cases family should tell everything in detail then the doctor can start discovering the main problem from patients activity. The doctor tries to become a friend then he starts his medication and other duties. In so many cases doctors became friends and the patient starts believing on the doctor and share everything with the doctor which help in the gradual recovery of the patient.
- MEDITATION: Some people start taking antidepressants, antipsychotics and anxiolytic drugs. But with time we can see there are no changes in their MENTAL HEALTH. Then they should start doing MEDITATION. The doctor also prescribes to do MEDITATION. Meditation is really very helpful in our life. I personally have seen a case where she was suffering from a MENTAL DISORDER (Depression), but she came out of this with exercise, yoga and meditation. It keeps us away from STRESS and MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES.
If a person himself feel such disorder or issue they are going through, then they should start doing YOGA & MEDITATION. Along with that we should take care of our diet. Take healthy balanced diet to avoid all problems.
HOW TO PREVENT SOMEONE FROM SUICIDE?
SUICIDE is the ultimate destination of a person suffering from MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES/ DISORDER.
CONCLUSION: Guys! in this article I bring a different topic. Where I tried giving you the best information regarding Mental Health Issues. After going through this article if you have any question, then please go ahead without any hesitation.
ALSO READ: BEST FACE MASKS IN COVID-19 PANDEMIC